Annotation Made Simple
A Pemulis Map Maker Feature
Advanced annotation solution combining customizable label styles,
intelligent labeling, smart customizable labels and tables, and ease-of-use.
A Pemulis Map Maker feature
Pemulis Labeler™ is a powerful yet easy-to-use
annotation tool for labeling AutoCAD entities and Civil 3D parcels and parcel segments.
Parcel Labeler is core technology in Pemulis Map Maker.
Leaders, Monuments, grip-editing, Update values.
Labels that reference AutoCAD and Civil 3D entities.
Pemulis Labeler™ has two custom entities - Pemulis_Label and
Pemulis_Table. All annotation is accomplished using these two special entities.
Pemulis_Label represents both linear (tangent) and curvilinear (curve) labels.
Pemulis_Table contains references to Pemulis_Labels that display as table numbers.
Below is a partial feature list for the labeling features in Pemulis Map Maker.
Smart Labels and Tables
- Pemulis_Label - for descriptive and table numbered labels for both tangents and curves
- Pemulis_Table - tangent and curve table
- Linework - draws line or arc; draws monuments at one or both ends; draws crows-feet and one or both ends; draws ticks
- Toggle on/off label's text
- Reference entity - label can tie itself to an AutoCAD entity (line, arc, polyline) and Civil 3D entity (parcel segment)
- Text properties - text offset above/below, tracking (spacing between characters), line spacing (spacing between stacked lines), text style and text height, text masking (mask offset and color)
- Label style - customizable descriptive label values like: bearing, distance, delta, length, radius, ...
- Table numbering - displays table number instead of descriptive label
- Updatable - update method (automatic or manual updates) and type (what can be updated - either or both the text value or the label's text properties [text offset above/below, ...])
- Leadering - leader the label's text values; includes all leadering properties
- Readable - if used, guarantees the label's text is always upright and readable regardless of the view's orientation. Orientation can also be set to parallel-to-view.
Monuments, Crows-Feet, Ticks, linework, grip-editing, etc.
Easy-to-define Label Styles
- Curve styles - full curve descriptive values (radius, delta, length, ...); general label properties (layer, text style, text height, text masking, text offsets, tracking, line spacing, draw linework)
- Tangent styles - full tangent descriptive values (bearing, distance, ...); general label properties (layer, text style, text height, text masking, text offsets, tracking, line spacing, draw linework)
- Label properties - updatable, readable, leadering, and tabling
- Unlimited number of label styles
- Styles are saved in external file for easy sharing
Labels that reference AutoCAD and Civil 3D entities.
- One label entity for both tangents and curves
- Values update based on changes to label's geometry and Updatable settings - automatically or manually or not-at-all
- Label can tie itself to an AutoCAD entity (line, arc, polyline) or AutoCAD Civil 3D parcel segment. If the referenced entity is grip-edited the Pemulis_Label adjusts accordingly (and per its Updatable settings)
- Label can draw its linework, monuments, cross-feet and tick - or any combination
- Intelligent grips - grips for modifying endpoints, to slide the label along the entity, grip for changing the text offset, and grip for leadering the label (and changing from leadered state to not leadered)
- Smart leadering - can justify itself based on its position, numerous leadering properties, text can be made readable and masked
- Fully implemented AutoCAD editing commands - trim, extend, break, move, copy, ...
All AutoCAD editing commands - move, rotate, grip-edit, trim, extend, etc.
Leadered labels; Grip-editing; Auto-update values
- Label using Best-Fit Style - label using a style that fully fits on the entity being labeled.>
- Label using one Tangent and one Curve Style
- Label using Table Numbers
- Label Blocks and External References - just like you do AutoCAD and Civil 3D entities
Advanced Labeling and Plan Checking
Pemulis Parcel Labeler
Pemulis Parcel Labeler for Civil 3D
- Pemulis Parcel Labeler - takes existing Pemulis_Labels and changes their styles to match the circumstances of each label. For example, Pemulis Labeler would modify the label style of Pemulis_Labels that are best identified as partial and overall labels.
- Pemulis Parcel Labeler identifies geometry errors where the sum of the partial lengths do not equal the overall length.
- Create Tangent or Curve Table
- Tables automatically remove erased numbered labels
- Numbers assigned in order labels are created
- Renumber based on coordinate position of numbered label in drawing - sort right-to-left and top-to-bottom, sort left-to-right and bottom-to-top, sort bottom-to-top and right-to-left, sort top-to-bottom and right-to-left
- Add descriptive labels to table and automatically convert them to numbered labels
- Remove number gaps in numbered labels (renumber)
- Custom table title, headings, column content, text styles, layers, and table orientation
- Custom table margins, masking, and value decimal place precisions
Try Pemulis Map Maker
Buy Pemulis Map Maker
Free Pemulis Object Enablers
- Every command and intelligent label operation is a right-click and a context sensitive ribbon selection away.
- Label styles for individual labels can be changed without affecting other labels using the same label style. This is different than what Civil 3D does with label styles. With Civil 3D all labels using a named label style will always look the same and will take on any changes to the label style's definition. While at first this sounds useful but it quickly becomes frustrating when all one wants to do is change a text style for a label or make other minor changes and not have every other label using that label style also change.
- Match Properties - change one or more labels to match one or more properties of another label
- Match Format - change one or more labels to match the label style of another label
- Match Properties to All Labels - changes all the labels in the drawing to match one or more properties of a label. An example would be to either turn on or off a linework in the drawing.
- Select Similar - selects labels in the drawing that match one or more label style properties. An example would be to select all labels displaying crows-feet and bearing-distance above the line and move them to a separate layer.
- Find and Replace - find all labels matching any label property or value and replace them.
Text tracking - adjusts the spacing between characters to better fit text within a confined space.